LandCruiser 200 Service Supplies
A list of the common service consumables, such as oils, filters, gaskets and seals. Plus any special tools required for servicing a Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Twin-Turbo Diesel (VDJ200).
LandCruiser 200 Engine Oil
If your 200 has a Diesel Particulate Filter (2016 facelift onwards), use a 5W40 full-synthetic oil designed for DPFs, such as Penrite Enviro+ 5W40.
Sump Plug Gasket: The sump plug gasket/washer is part number 90430-12031.
LandCruiser 200 Oil Filters
Use a quality oil filter manufactured under ISO9001 quality standards. Suitable filters (including part numbers) are:
You'll also require a special oil filter removal tool. The correct size is 64.5mm, 14 flute. Suitable brands are:
LandCruiser 200 Fuel Filters
As with the oil filter, don't bother with some no-name fuel filter. Suitable filters include:
LandCruiser 200 Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF
The 200 requires a WS-compatible automatic transmission fluid. Using incompatible fluid could cause severe transmission damage.
12 litres is suggested for a substantial flush. The following fluids are suitable:
- Genuine Toyota WS fluid
- Penrite ATF LV
- Amsoil Fuel Efficient ATF (ATL) BLUE label
- Castrol TransMax FE
Gaskets: You will also require 2x 35178-30010 crush washers (for the oil drain and overflows), plus 1x 90301-15004 O Ring (for the oil fill plug).
LandCruiser 200 Diff Oil
The front and rear differentials in the 200 require a slightly unusual 75W85 oil which meets the GL-5 specification. Most 75w85 gear oils only meet GL-4.
Approximately 6.5 litres is required. Suitable GL-5 oils include:
LandCruiser 200 Transfer Case Oil
The transfer case in the 200 requires a 75W90 oil which meets the GL-5 specification. Approximately 1.5 litres is required. Suitable oils include:
- Penrite Pro Gear GL-5 75w90
- Nulon Smooth Shift 75w90
- Castrol Syntrax Universal+ 75w90
- Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90
- Redline 75w90 GL-5
Gaskets: You will also require 2x 90430-18008 aluminium washers for the fill and drain plugs.
LandCruiser 200 Coolant, Thermostat and Water Pump
When it comes to coolant, I stuck with genuine Toyota. It's reasonably priced and has a very long life. For a full flush, you'll need 15 litres. Alternatively, Penrite make a suitable alternative that's around the same price.
Parts and Gaskets:
- Thermostat: 90916-03089
- Thermostat gasket 16346-66020
- Water pump 16100-59365
- Water pump gasket 16124-51010
- Radiator top tank air bleed 16417-51030
- Radiator drain plug 16417-30170
- Engine bleed cap 90339-07001
LandCruiser 200 Serpentine Belts
To drive accessories such as the alternator, water pump and air conditioning compressor, the 200 uses a single "serpentine" type belt. It's certainly worth taking a spare with you on outback trips. Part numbers are:
- Genuine part (Diesel engine): 99369-K2250
- Genuine part (4.6L Petrol engine): 90916-02680
- Dayco (Diesel engine): 9PK2250
- Dayco (4.7L Petrol engine): 6PK2255
- Dayco (4.6L Petrol engine): 8PK2415
LandCruiser 200 Air Filter
The LandCruiser 200 uses a flat panel air filter. I prefer the genuine element until something better arrives. Suitable filters include:
- Genuine part (Diesel engine): 17801-51020
- Genuine part (Petrol engine): 17801-38030
- Ryco (Diesel engine): A1634
- Ryco (Petrol engine): A1635
If you have a snorkel and drive in dusty conditions, I recommend a cyclonic pre-cleaner to remove as much dust as possible before it reaches the air filter element. Suitable products are:
- For Safari standard (V-spec) snorkel: H000821 (Will require some foam tape around the snorkel top before clamping)
- For Safari ARMAX Snorkel: H000858
MAF / MAP sensor cleaning, and MAP sensor filter
The LandCruiser's MAF sensor and MAP sensors can be cleaned with MAF sensor spray. When cleaning the MAP sensor, the MAP filter should be replaced.
LandCruiser 200 Brake Pads and Rotors
When the factory brakes require replacement, you're better off replacing them with aftermarket alternatives, which offer superior performance and at a lower price as well. Depending on the year/model of your 200, the following part numbers are suitable:
LandCruiser 200 Replacement Globes
Here are the types of globes commonly used in the 200-series. As the years progressed, tail/brake and then headlight globes were gradually replaced with LED lamps. Some of the globes listed below are available in LED versions.
- Low-Beam headlights: H11 Halogen or H11 LED
- High-Beam headlights: HB3 Halogen or HB3 LED
- Parking lights: T10 or T10 LED
- Rear tail/brake lights: T20 21/5W or T20 dual LED
- Front/Rear indicators: T20 Amber or T20 Amber LED
- Reversing lights: T20 White or T20 White LED
- Number-plate lights: T10 or T10 LED