LandCruiser 200 Service Supplies
A list of the common service consumables, such as oils, filters, gaskets and seals. Plus any special tools required for servicing a Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Twin-Turbo Diesel (VDJ200).
LandCruiser 200 Engine Oil
If your 200 has a Diesel Particulate Filter (2016 facelift onwards), use a 5W40 full-synthetic oil designed for DPFs, such as Penrite Enviro+ 5W40.
Sump Plug Gasket: The sump plug gasket/washer is part number 90430-12031.
LandCruiser 200 Oil Filters
Use a quality oil filter manufactured under ISO9001 quality standards. Suitable filters (including part numbers) are:
You'll also require a special oil filter removal tool. The correct size is 64.5mm, 14 flute. Suitable brands are:
LandCruiser 200 Fuel Filters
As with the oil filter, don't bother with some no-name fuel filter. Suitable filters include:
LandCruiser 200 Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF
The 200 requires a WS-compatible automatic transmission fluid. Using incompatible fluid could cause severe transmission damage.
12 litres is suggested for a substantial flush. The following fluids are suitable:
- Genuine Toyota WS fluid
- Penrite ATF LV
- Amsoil Fuel Efficient ATF (ATL) BLUE label
- Castrol TransMax FE
Gaskets: You will also require 2x 35178-30010 crush washers (for the oil drain and overflows), plus 1x 90301-15004 O Ring (for the oil fill plug).
LandCruiser 200 Diff Oil
The front and rear differentials in the 200 require a slightly unusual 75W85 oil which meets the GL-5 specification. Most 75w85 gear oils only meet GL-4.
Approximately 6.5 litres is required. Suitable GL-5 oils include:
LandCruiser 200 Transfer Case Oil
The transfer case in the 200 requires a 75W90 oil which meets the GL-5 specification. Approximately 1.5 litres is required. Suitable oils include:
- Penrite Pro Gear GL-5 75w90
- Nulon Smooth Shift 75w90
- Castrol Syntrax Universal+ 75w90
- Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90
- Redline 75w90 GL-5
Gaskets: You will also require 2x 90430-18008 aluminium washers for the fill and drain plugs.
LandCruiser 200 Coolant, Thermostat and Water Pump
When it comes to coolant, I stuck with genuine Toyota. It's reasonably priced and has a very long life. For a full flush, you'll need 15 litres. Alternatively, Penrite make a suitable alternative that's around the same price.
Parts and Gaskets:
- Thermostat: 90916-03089
- Thermostat gasket 16346-66020
- Water pump 16100-59365
- Water pump gasket 16124-51010
- Radiator top tank air bleed 16417-51030
- Radiator drain plug 16417-30170
- Engine bleed cap 90339-07001
LandCruiser 200 Serpentine Belts
To drive accessories such as the alternator, water pump and air conditioning compressor, the 200 uses a single "serpentine" type belt. It's certainly worth taking a spare with you on outback trips. Part numbers are:
LandCruiser 200 Air Filter
The LandCruiser 200 uses a flat panel air filter. I prefer the genuine element until something better arrives. Suitable filters include:
- Genuine part (Diesel engine): 17801-51020
- Genuine part (Petrol engine): 17801-38030
- Ryco (Diesel engine): A1634
- Ryco (Petrol engine): A1635
If you have a snorkel and drive in dusty conditions, I recommend a cyclonic pre-cleaner to remove as much dust as possible before it reaches the air filter element. Suitable products are:
- For Safari standard (V-spec) snorkel: H000821 (Will require some foam tape around the snorkel top before clamping)
- For Safari ARMAX Snorkel: H000858
LandCruiser 200 Replacement Globes
Here are the types of globes commonly used in the 200-series. As the years progressed, tail/brake and then headlight globes were gradually replaced with LED lamps. Some of the globes listed below are available in LED versions.
- Low-Beam headlights: H11 Halogen or H11 LED
- High-Beam headlights: HB3 Halogen or HB3 LED
- Parking lights: T10 or T10 LED
- Rear tail/brake lights: T20 21/5W or T20 dual LED
- Front/Rear indicators: T20 Amber or T20 Amber LED
- Reversing lights: T20 White or T20 White LED
- Number-plate lights: T10 or T10 LED
LandCruiser 200 Brake Pads and Rotors
When the factory brakes require replacement, you're better off replacing them with aftermarket alternatives, which offer superior performance and at a lower price as well. Depending on the year/model of your 200, the following part numbers are suitable: