Fuel filter change &
dash light reset
LandCruiser 200 Fuel filter change
Download a "Glovebox guide" of these steps in PDF format, for printing or saving to your phone/tablet:
- Have a new filter handy
- Place a rag under the fuel filter
- Loosen the two fuel line hose clamps and slide the clamps down the hoses.
- Slide the fuel lines off the filter housing, and secure them so fuel doesn't drip out of the lines.
- Unplug the electrical connectors from pressure sensor (top) and the water sensor (bottom).
- Never smoke while changing the fuel filter.
- Never change the fuel filter if the engine is still hot.
Step 3: Check and Clean the housing
- Check the contents of the housing/bowl. It should contain fuel, probably contaminated with dirt and other gunk. There should be little or no water present. If it contains a large amount of water, suspect contaminated fuel and consider draining and flushing the fuel tank(s).
Water entering the common rail fuel system could do catastrophic damage.
- Dispose of the contaminated fuel with your used engine oil.
- Thoroughly clean out the bowl with a cloth or rag.
- Replace the housing onto the bracket
Step 4: Install the new filter
- First install the new 'O' ring into the filter housing, with the flat side facing down.
- Place the new filter into the housing and push it down until it clicks into place.
- Refit the top of the housing and secure it using the 3x socket screws, tightening them with the 5mm allen key.
- Replace the nuts securing the housing to the bracket, and tighten with the 12mm socket.
- Refit the fuel lines, ensuring you connect them to the correct fittings. The lines are colour-coded to marks on the top of the filter housing.
- Refit/tighten the hose clamps.
Download this guide in PDF format
Print a copy for your glovebox or save to your phone/tablet, so it's handy if you ever need to change a filter while travelling: