Night Breaker Unlimited globes
and Fyrlyt driving lights
Driving light Installation
Step 1: Remove the right-side battery
- This will make it easier to run and access the wiring, and allow the transformers to be mounted between the headlight and the battery.
- Remove the earth lead first, followed by the positive lead. Ensure you tape up the main positive lead, which runs across to the other battery. This will prevent the risk of it shorting on a metal part of the car.
Step 2: Run the power wire to the relay
Using 10AWG (5mm2) or larger cable, run a wire from either an inline fuseholder on the positive battery terminal or from an accessory fusebox to pin 30 of the relay. Use a 30 or 40 amp fuse.
Step 3: Run the wire from high-beam to the switch, and back to the relay. Mount the switch.
- Find the positive high-beam wire on the back of the headlight. It is probably coloured red with silver writing.
- Tap into it then run a light (~1mm2) wire from here to the power-in terminal of your dash switch.
- Run another ~1mm2 wire back from the power out terminal of the switch to pin 85 of the relay.
- Tip: Use a double-insulated twin cable instead of two seperate cables. It makes it neater and easier to run.
- Tip: Run the cable through the nipples provided on the Toyota wiring grommets. Just cut the end off, then reseal with a cable tie. See photo.
- Mount the dash switch. To be consistant with my previous installs, I'm using a Carling LED switch available from Mudstuff, which does require some cutting at the back of the switch plates. However, AOB now produce a series of push on/off switches that fit perfectly into the 200's blank switch plates.
- If you don't have sufficient free space in your switch panel, complete aftermarket panels are available with additional slots.
Step 4: Install Night Breaker Unlimited headlight globes
- While you have the battery out, install the Night Breaker Unlimited low and high-beam globes.
- Remove the factory globes by turning and pulling (bayonet-style fitting). Then unplug them.
- Install the replacement globes, ensuring you don't touch the glass. If you do, clean them with some alcohol.
Step 5: Mount the Fyrlyt driving lights
- Using the provided bolts, mount the alloy bases to the bullbar. Tighten them, but not so far that they can't be adjusted.
- Mount the lights to the brackets using the provided allen-key bolt (AKA cap screw). Again, tighten them just enough so that they hold in place but can still be adjusted.
- Connect the wiring plugs.